Gas combi boilers with 40kW can provide hot water for homes with at least two bathrooms.If you have two showers running at once, you might notice a dropping in water pressure. You’d be better to get a gas boiler that can supply hot water at high demand. It is stored in a cylinder.
A combi boiler has one advantage: it doesn’t require a cylinder. They heat water on demand, and then send it to the tap. You’ll save space. You’ll also have hot water at all times on demand, as and when you need it.
Best 40kw combi boilers for central heating output
There are many gas boiler options for you to choose from, as all the top boiler manufacturers offer powerful 40 kW combi boilers.
What is a powerful combi boiler?
Combi boilers provide instant heat and hot water for your home.
They are connected to the mains water supply directly in order to do this. The combi heats the water from the mains every time you turn on a hot water faucet. It then sends it to the tap.
This is not possible with regular or system boilers. Instead, they store hot water in a cylindrical. The cylinder may become empty from time to time and you will need to wait until it fills up again with hot water.
A cylinder can provide hot water for higher demands. You can have hot water at multiple outlets at once. This is something most combi boilers have trouble doing. This is true unless the boiler has a high domestic hot water output rating. One of the most powerful 40kw combi boilers.
Is a 40kw combi boiler the right choice for me?
A 40 kW combi boiler can produce domestic hot water at 40 kilowatts.
They may be able to meet the demand for hot water in homes that have 2 bathrooms.
The boiler’s output rating measures its power. The output rating of a combi boiler is a measure of the boiler’s power. It has a separate rating for domestic hot water (DHW) and central heating.
This is in contrast to regular boilers, which only have a central heating output rating. They store hot water inside a cylinder.
Are there higher flow rate boilers?
There are more powerful combi boilers on the market with higher flow rates. However, the most powerful 40kW (DHW), combi boilers can heat 15-20 radiators so this is usually enough.
You need to know the output rating of your new boiler. You will pay more for heating if it is too powerful. It won’t be capable of heating your home or providing hot water if it is too low.
A natural gas system boiler is the best type of boiler for homes with more than one bathroom but these boilers still have a great energy rating for providing 2 at once.
You don’t need to be worried if you are unsure. Heating engineers are available to offer expert advice. You can receive free quotes today from heating engineers in your local area.
Combi boilers with the best 40 kW
A Gas Safe registered engineer will recommend a 40kW combi boiler to your home. There are many premium models available.
Worcester Bosch Greenstar 8000 Life 40kw combi boiler
Worcester Bosch’s Greenstar 8000 Lifestyle range includes Style and Life boilers from 30kw to 50kw as well as Style boilers from 30kw to 50kW which makes them one of the best combi boilers on the market in terms of choice.
Their tyle boilers can be ordered in either gloss black or white, while Life boilers only come in white. They share many industry-leading features, regardless of whether you have a Style or Life boiler but the style boilers do cost a little bit more for the gloss finish.
- Bosch EasyControl is fully compatible. This allows you to control heating and hot water using your smartphone.
- Modulation at 1:10 to improve efficiency during operation
- One of the best combi boilers available to buy right now
- Greenstar Intelligent filling system means it can top up its own pressure
- Built-in WiFi
- Hydrogen ready combi boiler
- Great looks with their style range
- Great for medium to larger homes with multiple bathrooms
- Can be used with universal smart thermostats
- 12 year guarantee from Worcester Bosch for complete peace of mind
- Very quiet boiler for the size with the low noise level in operation
- Direct replacement for the Greenstar CDI classic
Baxi 800 Platinum Plus 40kw combi boiler
Baxi is a well-known boiler manufacturer, especially among installers. Among their natural gas boilers, the Baxi 800 Platinum Plus is a great choice for larger homes. It runs extremely efficiently and will help you lower your energy bill with its high ERP water heating efficiency rating.
- OpenTherm technology lets you control your tablet or smartphone via the internet.
- It is well-suited for homes with multiple bathrooms, as it has a flow rate of 16.4L per minute at 35degC temperatures.
- Frost thermostat built-in for winter protection
- Multi-fit flue kit can be used to provide a more flexible installation
- Energy Saving Trust is endorsed
Ideal Vogue Max 40kw combi boiler
Ideal Boilers is well-known for producing premium products, and the Vogue Max range from them is no exception. This boiler is made from the finest components. Ideal has a lot of confidence in it, as the warranty can be extended to up to 12 years.
- If installed by an Ideal Max certified installer, the warranty period can be extended to 10 to 12 years.
- Boiler frost protection is used to protect the unit from the coldest conditions
- A combi boiler is lighter than a traditional boiler, making it easier to install. This could help you save money on hiring an installer.
- The LCD display displays clear text messages that describe the problem in the unlikely event of a fault.
ATAG i40C combi boiler
The ATAG i40C combi boiler is a great option for homes with multiple bathrooms. It has a high hot-water flow rate, making it a strong choice. You’ll also benefit from a 10-year warranty that covers the product.
- Use the ATAG One Zone controller to achieve an A+ efficiency rating
- Guaranteed replacement for the iCON stainless-steel heat exchangers
- The flow temperature is automatically adjusted based on outside conditions
- If you have limited space, the dimensions are compact at 700 x 440x 355mm (HxWxD).
- High flow rate of 16.2 Liters per Minute (at 35C DHW)
- Energy Saving Trust endorses this proposal
How much do 40kW combi boilers cost?
The most cost-effective boiler option is the combi boiler. Because there are no external tanks or cylinders, combi boilers are often the most affordable. You could get a 40kW combi boiler for as low as £1,300 (before installation). The biggest new boiler costs are the Gas Safe installation.
Heating engineers are free to set their own prices for installation. Prices can vary depending on what boiler is installed, how complex the installation is and where you live. London tends to be the most expensive.
We recommend that you compare multiple boiler quotes to ensure the best price for your combi boiler installation. Just complete the online form and tell us about your job. You’ll receive free quotes from as many local heating engineers as you like.
Is 40kw boiler too powerful or expensive?
Here are some other less powerful combi boilers that are available right now for installation. These boilers are suited to small and medium-sized homes with up to 2 bathrooms:
Combi boilers that work well not connected to the gas network
Some properties may not be connected to the gas network. Off-grid homes will need a boiler that uses instead of gas. LPG compatibility is a gas that can be stored locally, and some of the most powerful 40kW combi boilers.
For properties not connected to the gas network, oil is an alternative. There are many options that can provide the same heating and hot-water requirements as a 40kW combi boiler.You will need an OFTEC-registered heating engineer if you want to install an oil boiler. Use our online form to receive free quotes from heating professionals in your area.