Glow Worm Boiler Warranty Guide
Your Glow Worm boiler should provide heating and hot water for your home for many years. It is reasonable to expect that your manufacturer will be available to help you if there are any issues. A Glow Worm boiler warranty is for your peace of mind.
The warranty period lasts between 1-15 years. This can give you an indication of the manufacturer’s belief in your Glow Worm boiler. When comparing warranties, don’t forget to look at the length of the warranty. You also need to understand what they cover.
This guide will help you understand the warranties of Glow-worm boilers.
Glow-worm boilers are not covered by a warranty as instead they come with a guarantee. Glow-worm boilers come with a guarantee that they will fix any manufacturing defects. This is in contrast to just promising an engineer to inspect the problem that some warranties are instead.
What is a Glow worm Guarantee?
Glow worm guarantees you the repair of defects in the manufacturing of your Glowworm appliance. Repairs must be done by one of our Vaillant Service Engineers (Glow Worm is owned by Vaillant) This will cover both labour and parts.
Your guarantee does NOT cover any defects that are not related to the manufacturing of the product, or as a result from misuse. With your guarantee confirmation, we’ll send you all terms and conditions. You can also read them here.
What is covered by the Glow Worm guarantee
Glowworm guarantees you the repair of defects in the manufacturing of your Glowworm appliance. You will be covered for both parts and labor if the repair is done by an accredited Glowworm engineer.
You will only be covered for boiler components failures during the guarantee. If the problem is due to contaminated water in your system, you may be responsible for an engineer’s visit.
Here’s what you need to do before you register your Glow Worm guarantee
The following information will be required about your Glow Worm boiler
- Serial number*
- Installer registration number for Gas Safe
- Date of installation
- Installation address
*Your 28-digit serial number is located on the control panel of your boiler. Also, the benchmark logbook should be provided by your installer after installation.
Register the guarantee as soon as your boiler has been installed.
Your Glow-worm Club Energy Installer can provide extended warranties up to 10 years.
To ensure your protection, we recommend that you register within 30 calendar days of installation. Our nationwide team of Vaillant Service engineers is available to assist you in any way possible. They will also replace damaged parts if necessary.
Glow worm Guarantee Terms and conditions
The following terms and conditions are required to receive the full benefit of the extended warranty. Otherwise, your claim will not be accepted. Glow-worm Service can help you if your installer tells you that there is a problem with your boiler.
1. Within 6 months from the date of dispatch of the boiler from Glowworm’s warehouse, installation and commissioning must all be done by a Gas Safe**-registered engineer.
2. All work must comply with these terms and conditions and the installation manual.
3. At the time of installation, the installer must complete the Benchmark log book and keep it on-site for inspection by engineers.
4. The date of installation will be the start of your guarantee. This Glow-worm requires proof of purchase (i.e. An invoice or completed Benchmark logbook is required to validate this Glow-worm. Without these documents, the guarantee will begin from the date of manufacture as indicated on the boiler data Plate.
5. Within 30 days of the installation of the appliance, the boiler guarantee must be registered. Failure to do so within the time limit will result in the guarantee being reverted to 12 months after installation.
Register your guarantee now and get more information at www.glowworm.co.uk
6. You must enter the 28-digit serial number in order to register the appliance. This information is clearly displayed on the
- Boiler packaging
- Appliance data plate
- Attach removable stickers to the boiler’s top
- Back of the control box
7. According to the manufacturer’s instructions, the boiler should be serviced by a Glowworm or another Gas Safe Registered engineer each year.
8. The Benchmark logbook must contain service details that can be inspected.
9. The guarantee does not cover the cost of annual servicing.
10. This guarantee is only for boiler component failures. It does not cover any other central heating system components (e.g. time controls, room thermostats, motorised valves, etc.). ).
11. Glowworm accessories and articles other than the boiler (e.g. Glow-worm accessory or article other than the boiler, e.g. control, will be covered under a separate guarantee.
12. Glowworm registered engineers or Glowworm-authorized Gas Safe registered engineers will repair or replace the components of the boiler. The guarantee covers material and labor costs.
13. Glow-worm will not accept invoices from third parties for the repair or attendance of this appliance unless they have been pre-authorized in writing.
14. The guarantee for any repair or replacement parts (including boiler installation if necessary) does NOT extend the guarantee period to the appliance beyond its original term, as stated in clause 5.
15. Contaminated water in the boiler can cause a failure. Blockages or the influence of flux residues iron oxides limescale, sludge, etc. The engineer’s visit is charged at the current rates.
16. The guarantee will be null if the boiler is moved to another property without Glowworm’s consent.
17. The guarantee does not cover self-maintenance tasks like bleeding air, repressurizing the system, or freezing condensate pipes. Glow-worm recommends that you contact your Gas Safe registered engineer in these cases.
18. The guarantee does NOT cover fair wear and tear, wilful or accidental damage, unusual storage or working conditions or negligence by any third parties. It also does not cover failure to use or operate the products according to the instructions.
19. Installation in mobile leisure vehicles is not covered by the guarantee – i.e. boats, caravans etc.
20. The guarantee does NOT cover any consequential losses that result from or arisingas arising out of the Glow-worm boiler’s breakdown.
21. You will be charged for any non-boiler, installation or other system fault calls. This could also invalidate your warranty.
22. We are committed to safety and health. If our engineers can’t gain safe access or gain access to the property, Glow-worm will charge an abortive fee.
23. A refundable deposit may be required for calls to boilers during the guarantee period. This deposit will be needed prior to any work or visit. If the boiler guarantee covers the fault, the deposit will be refunded.
24. Glowworm reserves the rights to declare your guarantee null and void if these terms and conditions are not followed in full. Glowworm’s final decision on guarantee claims is final.
25. Glow-worm can offer an extended guarantee for repairs or annual services if this guarantee is deemed null and void.
26. This guarantee does not affect your legal rights regarding any product that is defective or not as described.
27. This guarantee will be null if any Glow-worm spare part is used in any type of repair.
28. Glow-worm will share your personal information with its business partners to help with the administration of your guarantee.
29. Vaillant Group UK Limited (registered in England under Company Registration No..00294316), of Nottingham Road Belper Derbyshire DE56 1JT, provides the guarantee.
30. This guarantee is applicable to installation in domestic dwellings within the United Kingdom, Republic of Ireland and Isle of Man.
31. These terms are subject to English and Welsh law. Any dispute arising out of this guarantee shall be decided according to those laws, before a court or tribunal in England
** or the equivalent body